This PSA is recommended viewing for all sailors, especially Sailing School students and parents:
... And this PSA is recommended especially for adult NEHF members:
"Reduce, Reuse, Recycle"
Already playing at your Northeast Harbor Fleet!
Our Green Policies established last season were taken to heart by staff, members, guests and Sailing School parents and students, and we hope you will take a moment to review them here. With your help we will continue to improve all of our sustainability initiatives systems for this coming season.
We’re all in this together. If you are interested in joining the Green Team, please let any one of us know!
2018 FLEET GREEN TEAM
Mia Thompson - Rear Commodore John Roberts - Fleet Treasurer
Gordon Beck – Fleet Clerk Fran Charles - Fleet Manager
Melissa Walls - Fleet Ops Manager Sydney Roberts Rockefeller
Barbara Meyers Bill Dowling
Jim Green Wells Bacon
- Reusable water bottles only - use the new water bottle filling stations at the Fleet & Clifton Dock.
- Bring your food in reusable containers with responsible cutlery – no more plastic waste.
- Pack in – Pack out: when on the water, nothing goes over the side.
- Recycle beverage bottles and cans – proceeds from redeemables will benefit the Sailing School.
- Use our compost bin for food waste to create fertilizer.
- Ride your bike or carpool when coming to the Fleet.
- Use only non-toxic cleaners.
- Use only environmentally friendly bottom paints.
- And please: no straws or styrofoam anywhere!
We are asking you as a member of the Fleet to embrace these initiatives for the benefit of all.
The Fleet mission is to sustain a venue that provides easy access to the water and inspires a lifelong love of sailing and boating, while respecting the rugged beauty of Maine and supporting the community.
The Green Initiative strives to enhance this mission, and to inspire all Fleet members, young and old, to promote and embrace a culture of environmental awareness. The waters of Mount Desert Island and Gilpatrick Cove need our protection.
We wish to thank all of our members and friends of the Fleet for their generous donations in 2017. Without your support we would not have been able to succeed. Yes, we still welcome donations this year to help carry forward these initiatives for this and future seasons and to continue this positive and essential effort, so please consider joining us with whatever level of financial support you can afford. Send a check payable to The NEH Fleet with the memo line Green Team Initiatives. Mail to: PO Box 462, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662. And please call or email any one of us on the Green Team and we can answer any questions you may have.